HPS Power Calulator Dialog Box
You open this dialog box by clicking HPS Power Calculator in the PowerPlay Power Analyzer Tool.
For system on a chip (SoC) devices, allows you to specify the operating frequency of the hard processor system (HPS) so that the PowerPlay Power Analyzer can include processor power consumption in its power analysis.
- Enable HPS—Turns on HPS power calculation.
- Processor Frequency (MHz)—Allows you to specify the operating frequency of the HPS block.
- Total Power—Provides an estimate of the total power consumption of the HPS.
- Dynamic Power (Dual Core)—Provides an estimate of dynamic power consumption if your design uses to processor cores.
- Dynamic Power (Single Core)—Provides an estimate of dynamic power consumption if your design uses a single processor core.
- Static Power—Provides an estimate of the static power consumtion of the HPS.
Note: The HPS Power Calculator excludes the effects of operating temperature on power consumption. For accurate HPS power estimation, connect a programmed and powered FPGA to your computer and run the PowerPlay Power Analyzer.