Create Atom Dialog Box
You open this dialog box by selecting an unused atom, and then clicking Create Atom on the shortcut menu.
Allows you to create new atoms in the post-compilation design, when using Chip Planner in the ECO editing mode.
- Location— Specifies the X-Y coordinates of the atom you want to create.
- Partition— Allows you to specify the partition with which to associate the atom that you want to create.
- Name— Allows you to specify a name for the atom that you want to create.
- Type— Allows you to specify the type of the atom that you want to create. Depending on the device family and atom selected, the following types are available:
- none— The selected device family does not support this option.
- normal— Creates one atom with the Adaptive Logic Module (ALM) Definition in normal mode, which allows for the creation of up to two six-input atoms within the ALM, sharing four inputs.
- arithmetic— Creates one atom with the ALM in arithmetic mode, which allows for the creation of up to two five-input atoms within the ALM, sharing two inputs. The arithmetic mode also allows for the use of the ALM's adders and carry chain.
- extended— Creates a single seven-input atom using the entire ALM.
- register— Creates a register atom. (Stratix IV, and StratixV devices only)
- DDIO— Creates a DDIO atom.