About the IP Catalog and Parameter Editor
The Quartus® Prime software supports easy customization and integratation of IP cores into your project. Use the IP Catalog and parameter editor GUIs to customize IP cores and generate files representing your custom IP variation.
The IP Catalog displays the installed IP cores available for your design. Double-click any IP core to launch the parameter editor and generate files representing your IP variation. Use the following features to help you quickly locate and select an IP core:
- Filter IP Catalog to Show IP for active device family or Show IP for all device families. If you have no project open, select the Device Family in IP Catalog.
- Type in the Search field to locate any full or partial IP core name in IP Catalog.
- Right-click an IP core name in IP Catalog to display details about supported devices, open the IP core's installation folder, and click links to IP documentation.
- Click Search for Partner IP to access partner IP information on the web.
The parameter editor prompts you to specify an IP variation name, optional ports, and output file generation options. The parameter editor generates a top-level Qsys system file (.qsys) or Quartus® Prime IP file (.qip) representing the IP core in your project. You can also parameterize an IP variation without an open project.
The IP Catalog is also available in Qsys (Quartus® Prime IP Catalog.. The Qsys IP Catalog includes exclusive system interconnect, video and image processing, and other system-level IP that are not available in the
The parameter editor helps you to configure your IP variation ports, parameters, architecture features, and output file generation options. Use preset settings in the parameter editor (where provided) to instantly apply preset parameter values for specific applications. View port and parameter descriptions and links to detailed documentation in the parameter editor. Generate testbench systems or example designs (where provided) from the parameter editor.
To modify one of your existing IP core variations, perform one of the following:
- Click File > Open and select the top-level HDL(.v, or .vhd) IP variation file to launch the parameter editor and modify the IP variation. Regenerate the IP variation to implement your changes.
- Click View > Utility Windows > Project Navigator > IP Componentsand double-click the IP variation to launch the parameter editor and modify the IP variation. Regenerate the IP variation to implement your changes.