Setting Up a Project with the Precision RTL Synthesis Software
Setting up a project in the Mentor Graphics Precision RTL Synthesis software includes starting the software, setting up a working directory, adding the design source files, assigning a device, and compiling the design. To set up a project in the Precision RTL Synthesis software:
- If you have not already done so, creating a design for use with the Precision RTL Synthesis software.
- Start the Precision RTL Synthesis software.
To set up a working directory:
- Click Set Working Directory in the Design window. The Select the Directory dialog box appears.
- Type or browse to select the path to your project directory.
- Click OK.
To add design files into the project:
- Click Add Input Files in the Design window. The Open dialog box appears.
- In the Files of type list, select the type of design file you want to add to the project.
- In the File name box, type the name of the design file.
- Click OK. The design files appear under the Input Files directory in the Project Files window. The Precision RTL Synthesis software automatically detects the top-level design entity or module, and uses the name of the last file in the list as the name for the generated files ( <file name>_impl_1), log files, reports, and netlist files.
To specify the device family for the project:
- Click Setup Design in the Design window. The Project Settings dialog box appears.
- Under Technology, expand the Altera folder. Select the appropriate Intel device family.
- In the Device list, select the appropriate device.
- In the Speed Grade list, select the speed grade.
- You can also specify Design Frequency, Default Input Delay, and Default Output Delay in the Project Settings dialog box.
- Click OK.
- Click Compile in the Design window to create a technology-independent implementation. The Precision RTL Synthesis software compiles the design, and the complete design hierarchy appears in the Design Hierarchy window.
- To continue with the Precision RTL Synthesis design flow, assign design constraints with the Precision RTL Synthesis software.