Performing Timing Verification with the Tau Software
You can use the Mentor Graphics Tau timing analysis software to perform timing verification of a board-level design by importing the Stamp model files Definition for the design into the Tau software.
To import a Stamp model file into the Tau software and perform a timing verification:
- If you have not already done so, perform Creating Stamp Model Files with the Quartus® Prime Software.
- To run the taulib utility from within the output directory where the Stamp model file was saved, and bring up the Tau Library Editor window,
taulibat the command prompt.
- To import the Stamp model, choose Import Stamp Model (File menu) and select the <design name>_board.mod or <design name>_board_min.mod (if you are performing a minimum timing analysis).
- To import the timing information, click the Cell Timing tab and click the box to the left of the Stamp model file.
- Click Specify How to Import Stamp Data dialog box appears.. The
- Click Browse and select the <design name>_board.mod or <design name>_board_min.mod file.
- Perform timing verification in the Tau software.