Report Bottlenecks Dialog Box
Allows you to configure and display a customized report for bottleneck nodes in a design based on user-specified criteria for rating each node.
Allows you to filter reported nodes according to the specified source and destination clocks or clock collections.
Allows you to filter reported nodes according to the specified source and destination timing path, or timing paths that go through a specific node. For each timing path, you can use the Name Finder to build a collection Definition of targets.
Allows you to specify whether to report analysis results for clock setup, clock hold, recovery, or removal paths.
Allows you to specify the number of timing paths to analyze for bottlenecks (the default is 99) and to direct the TimeQuest analyzer to analyze only paths with slack less than a specified value. For example, use these settings to report nodes on n paths with slack less than 0.
Allows you to specify the type and number of nodes included in the report:
- Bottleneck metric— Allows you to specify how the TimeQuest timing analyzer determines that a node is a bottleneck. You can select: Number of failing paths, Number of paths, Number of fanin edges, Number of fanout edges, or Total negative slack. You can click Set Default to make the current setting the default setting for all reports.
- Number of results— Allows you to specify the number of qualifying nodes to report. The default is
Allows you to specify where you want to save the report and how much detail you want in the report. You can select one or more of the following settings:
- Detail level— Allows you to specify how much detail appears in the report. You can select: Summary; Path Only; Path and Clock; or Full Path. You can click Set Default to make the current setting the default setting for all reports.
- Report panel name— Allows you to specify a unique name for the report. The default report name is Report Bottlenecks.
- Console— Specifies whether the report appears as information messages in the Console.
Displays and allows you to modify Tcl commands for the options you specify in this dialog box.